Aquarium Care Guide
THIS AQUARIUM CARE GUIDE WILL HELP YOU TO
REPRODUCE A NATURAL ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR FISH.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THESE
GUIDELINES TO SET-UP YOUR AQUARIUM.
- Make sure your aquarium is on a level surface since water weighs
approximately 10 pounds per U.S. Gallon. Centre D'Animaux NATURE Pet
offers many styles of solid aquarium stands to choose from.
- Install your equipment as directed on the packaging materials.
- Allow your equipment to function for a couple of
days before introducing your fish. If your aquarium has a heater, use
this time to stabilize your water. The water temperature should be 25o C (77o F). A fluctuation of 1 or 2 o C. However exceptions do apply, Consult with your Centre D'Animaux NATURE Pet sales person.
- Should your aquarium water turn cloudy white for the
first few days, this is called "New Tank Syndrome". This also applies
to aquariums that have lost their biological filtration., as well as
tanks that are being set-up after a period of dormancy. This cloudiness
will clear up on its own in a few days. Do not attempt to clean the
filter or do a water change since this will prolong the cloudiness.
ACCLIMATING YOUR NEW FISH
- Place the bag into your aquarium, open it right away and partially roll down the sides.
- Wait five minutes, then pour a cup of aquarium water into the bag
and repeat this every five minutes over a period of 30 minutes.
- Net the fish out of the bag and discard the bag water. Always
remember to dechlorinate any new water you use to "top off" the
aquarium. "Aqua-Plus" is recommended to dechlorinate your water.